Hi! Staying home today cus I'm feeling a bit under the weather. Cough and flu not really a good combination. Anywho, I'll be sharing with you some of my favorite things. Like my skin care or whatever. This post is not sponsored, so I really do think these brands rocks, cool, and worth sharing!
Let's start with the first one, lingerie. I find Indonesians are still a bit taboo while taking bout lingerie, but I find them really pretty. Apart from being a tool of seduction, I think they can be a tool for woman to feel confident and sexy. There's a quote by Christian Dior, "Real elegance is everywhere, especially in the things that don't show". See, I feel it's important to wear really nice underwear, it will really boost up your mood. Previously, I've worked at this luxury lingerie brand called Agent Provocateur. From there, my lust with lingerie starts. They have the nicest, most classic, to the cheekiest lingerie I've ever seen in my life. You just have to try it on and you'll know it's different than your regular Wacoal/Young Hearts bra ok. And seriously, who doesn't want to wear lace everyday? Classic - french - lace! You'd be lying if you say you don't feel pretty wearing them.
Unfortunately their price is a bit crazy for something that you don't show, but again.... You get what you paid for.
|First Agent Provocateur Bra! The Love Bra
So, my adventurous lingerie journey began from there. I started buying some when they're on sale. They also have a second line with Penelope Cruz called L'Agent by Agent Provocateur. It targets the younger market, so the price is relatively lower but also the lace quality you can tell that is not as good as the main line. But it still holds the melons quite ok. Over the past year, my quest searching for the perfect bralette has been tough. Most of the brands here don't carry wide range of sizes, and when they do they just fit so off. I think it's all because of the AP curse. Once you've go AP, you'll never go back? Then I found something on Cotton On! They have quite cute ones with a very good price. I guess when you just don't care about supreme quality, you can just buy from there.
During my trip to Singapore, I went to COS - and for the love of the bras, man they sell the most perfect bralette ever. You may click on the link. I got 2 in different colors, because I like them too much. At the beginning of the year, I remember I saw a local Indonesian brand start selling lingerie, I checked it out, I was like hm.. they quite nice. Until few weeks ago, I saw the brand again- named Raquel Lingerie on Love and Flair. And I decided YES I WANNA TRY! So I did, and I LOVE IT. And the price is super friendly to your wallet. Luckily, I got the chance to meet the owner and have a heart to heart session regarding the lingerie market here in Indonesia and some other private things (haha!) It's so interesting they've been in the business for so long, so they really care about their quality and it's so nice to see someone who is very passionate about their business. It's like her lovechild.
Honestly, people in Indonesia need to stop looking at lingerie as something taboo. It's just a freaking underwear, it's not that much of a different to a bikini. Such a shame that we can't wear something like those girls on pinterest, low cut shirt with lacy bralettes peeking through (you know which one I'm talking about right!) And for you girls who are discouraged or feel sad about your cup size, don't be. Just be happy and grateful for what you have, cus you gals can rock V-Neck like no one else. You can look super cool without being too showy or sexy.
|Raquel Lingerie - The Lucy Bra
Off to second one, SKIN CARE. Lately I've been happy with my face skin. Few months back, I tried the facial at Surface Skin Habit in Setiabudi 2 (right across from St Ali) and it was so good, I keep on recommending it to everyone. I bought a package there, and go there for my monthly facial treatment. So apart from facial, below is the picture of all the products that I've been using lately. PSA: I have really dry & sensitive skin.
Starting from the first row, left to right:
- Aesop Damascan Rose Facial Treatment - it's a serum, you're not suppose to wear this everyday, only twice a week. You can mix it with your main moisturizer. It will definitely hydrate your skin for the longest time. Your face might look a bit of oily afterwards - but it's good. It will look healthy and hydrated. I bought it at ION, Singapore.
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser - it's a face cleanser. It will not strip off the moisture off your face. It does not make lots of bubbles you was your face. So it will feel weird at first. For Glossier products I bought it in America because they don't provide international shipping.
- Glossier Balm Dotcom - Basically it's like lucas pawpaw, you can wear it for scars, lips, and elbow. It's amazing
- Kiehl's Lip Balm in MANGO - super fruity smell and very hydrating lipbalm.
- Aesop Oil Free Facial Hydrating Serum - also a serum, this is my 3rd and last sample. I'm gonna get a full size, cus I love it and it blends well with the Damascan Rose Facial Treatment. My Aesop Lady said that this serum hydrates your skin without being heavy on your face. And the ylang ylang smell? Just amazing.
- Dr Jart Ceramidin Moisturizing Cream - AMAZING moisturizer. Hands down. Before I found this, my face skin couldn't survive the 8-9 hours time inside a super cold room. But now, BADABAMMM <3 Got it from Sephora.
- Glossier Priming Moisturizer - Also very good, no smell though, and quite watery. You can build it up without feeling heavy.
- Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion - I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING. Post-shave lotion? Are you sure? Are you serious? YES. They're the best moisturizer. I don't know why, but my boyfriend loves it, my aesop lady loves it too. And it works and smell freaking amazing.
- Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm - Whose hands need resurrection? Get this one and you'll be free from dry-witchy-hands.
Last one, cause I need to go soon. Perfumes and Candles. For a while now, you might know me as the perfume lover, I did a post on how to search and buy perfume. Le Labo Bergamote 22 is still my favorite and go to scent, I'm on to my 3rd bottle. I've also been alternating between Diptyque and Byredo for formal use. As for candles, I cannot afford to buy Diptyque all the times cus they're expensive so rejoice for Duft and Chandelle! This one in Peonia smells the loveliest :)
Ok. That's all, if you want to ask me more please let me know ;)
I will be giving away some of my favorite products soon. So stay tune!